Saturday, April 19, 2008

Talk to the Hand!

So I had my surgery, and other than being allergic to every pain med given to me, it went well.

My ligament was re-attached and the bone didn't need to be pinned, so that's a good thing. Here's what my poor hand looked like after:



This week I had that monstrosity cut off and a splint made for my hand. I have to wear this 24/7 for at least the next 4 weeks.



This has been a humbling experience - I hate having to ask for help with basic tasks. But it has also taught me to appreciate all that I can do, and will do again.
While inconvenient, this is minor. So many others are permanently handicapped. I will never take using my hands for granted again.

Have you checked out the second Dreamgirls challenge yet? It is to use a reality show as your title, stamping and felt.
Here is my LO, completed before my operation:
Come check it out!

7 comments:

TanishaRenee said...

I love your LO- your journaling could chronicle so many of our lives!!!

Hope your hand heals quickly!!

taryn said...

So glad to know the surgery went well and that you're on the road to being all better! Take good care!!

Dolores said...

first I want to say OMG your hand, I would have died having that on. You know I love your layout.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh that looks painful! Hope you are doing better now. How long is the recovery?

Charlotte said...

Hi Debbie, thanks a lot for your nice comments on my blog.
I love your "Biggest looser" layout. Cool design and great colors. :-)
I hope your hand will heal quickly!

Tara James said...

Oh, Debbie.... that just makes me wince looking at it. FEEL better soon!

ricanlaw said...

Girl...I'm so sorry. Hope it's getting better.