Tuesday, April 29, 2008

the one armed bandit

Okay, so this hand thing is getting played out. I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but really, my left hand is my long lost friend. While I've discovered many little tricks to accomplish things one handed, here's a list of just a few of the things I can't manage without my left hand:

Button jeans (who'd think I'd get sick of sweats?)
open pull top soup cans (it spilled all over the floor)
take oatmeal down from the top shelf in my pantry (it spilled all over the floor)
strain a pot of cooked pasta (DH wanted me to individually drain each ravioli out of the pot with a slotted spoon. I know, insert eyeroll here.)
Carry laundry baskets (not a perk when you need clean underwear!)
Shave under my arms (don't worry - I get help, LOL)
put on deodorant (again, I get help, hee-hee)
Blow my hair dry into any semblance of a style ( it's as flat as a pancake)
Hold the phone while multi-tasking (I bought a headset to ease the chronic cramp in my neck)
Cut my own meat (feel like a toddler again)

But all in all, I can't complain too much. The kids have stepped up and offered to help me. I get to poke around on the computer a lot. And hopefully it will only be for a few more weeks.

I've tried scrapping again. It's slow going. But I was inspired to try after my LSS owner told me about a one armed woman she observed at a crop. I finished this page for STM. The song this week is "Shine" by Anna Nalick. This is our newest nephew. Isn't he gorgeous?




Have you checked out the reader's gallery at Dreamgirls? There is just oodles of eye candy there. Challenge #3 will be posted on the first, plus we have some fun planned for NSD. You won't want to miss it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is adorable debbie.

hope all is back to normal soon. do you know when?

ricanlaw said...

He is so cute and I loved your layout.

Deanna said...

bless your heart you poor girl! i couldn't imagine being that long without a hand! hope it heals quickly!

your nephew is adorable! awesome page too!

Glenda T. said...

Debbie you are so funny! I say milk that hand for all it's worth girl! Let people pamper you, cater to you, feed you grapes as you lounge under an umbrella (I know I'm getting a little carried away but what is life without dreams right??) Oh, and the grape feeder is a really hot dude!