Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saying goodbye to summer



Well, this week was a wonderful whirlwind, trying to fit in some last bits of fun in the sunshine.
Monday, we went to a local amusement park - that's me, C, B and R on the Zoomerang moments before the first big drop. It's a crazy fast upside down corkscrew that goes both forwards and backwards along the track. This was Bren & Ryan's first upside down ride and they LIKED it!

Tuesday was Mike's company picnic. Mike manned a tie dye station. None of us had ever done a tie dye before, so it was pretty cool. We all look like a bunch of hippies now, LOL!





Speaking of hippies... On Wednesday, Mike and I went to the Allman Brothers & Ratdog concert. It was a gorgeous evening under a covered outdoor arena. It's great to get out just as a couple once and a while.

I spent my day Thursday chauffering the kids around to friends houses and gymnastics. We ate at a chinese restaurant named Green Tea. It was, by far, the most delicious Chinese food I've ever had. We will definitely be going back there again!


I packed the kids up for a day at the local lake on Friday. Tommy always makes sand "soup" for me:


The older kids splashed and played Marco Polo.



Days like this make me wish summer could last forever!

Hope you all had a great week!

No comments: