Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And they're off!

School started today for my older kids.
No one was thrilled - but didn't they all look cute in their uniforms?





After we sent them off, I headed off to the dentist. I had a filling that broke and needed fixing. I came home with the left side of my face numb and a crooked smile for hours. I felt like Mary Jo Buttafuco. Remember her?

It was nothing a nap couldn't fix, which was a good thing, since I needed to work on some DT stuff for MOSD. I still need to finish a few pages, but I wanted to share a peek!


This is the Hip to be Square mini. It is a 6x6 with 2 acrylic covers and 6 chipboard pages. I had fun with this one! It is about our day at the Mystic Aquarium a few weeks back.

Speaking of MOSD, have you heard about the guest DT contest? Becky Fleck has designed an exclusive sketch for us. Click
here to find out more!

My hubby and I watched this movie for the first time last night:


It was the best of both worlds - goofy stupid guy humor mixed with enough romance to make me say, "awwwwwww" LOL. I admit, I'm months to years behind the general population in movie viewing. Unless it's by Disney or Pixar, then we've seen it. Anyway, I give this movie two thumbs up. Not for those who are offended by raunchy words or humor.

I have a couple of toots to share. The first, a guest instructor position at my LSS, New England Scrapbook Company. I'm going to do a layout class in October and an acrylic mini album class in December. I'm really excited- they said my style was very different than anyone they have teaching currently. I'm a bit nervous, but can't wait to give it a go!

Second, I learned yesterday that Scrapbook News & Review ezine is requesting an altered canvas I made for my little guy. Very cool! Look for it in the September issue!

Okay, so this post is getting a little long, so I'll say C-ya!

4 comments:

Marcie said...

I love this mini-album Debbie!

Gloria Stengel said...

Congrats on the pub toot! You do very nice work!

queenvanna said...

ahhh.... you inspire me. such talent!!! and your kids are just gorgeous, too!! we're glad you'll be with us at NESC!

TanishaRenee said...

Way to go with the toots Debbie! Love your mini and knocked up was off the hook funny! I loved it~