Friday, February 6, 2009

Back in the Saddle

So it took me a bit longer than I expected to recover from my trip to California. I came home and became sick. Add the time change, the jet lag and trying to catch up with my kids and hubby. But I'm back in the saddle now.

It's a new month, which means that I have lots of new scrap stuff to share. Tonight I wnat to show you the new kit at Scrap for a Cure, called Vintage Flair. Let me tell you, this kit is filled with yumminess.



My husband has a scrapbook made by his sweet grandmother about 15 years ago, filled with old family photos. It's a beautiful album with precious history, but it's in magnetic peel back pages. I've been planning to relocate the pics, complete with the captions to a more archival environment. The vintage pretties in the SFAC kit worked perfectly!

This first page is my husband when he was 1.5 years old!




This next page is my in-laws on their wedding day:




I found a tutorial on Tammy Kay's blog on how to make the damask flower. I used the lace in the kit to create a rosette to layer on top of the bloom:



The kit is equally usable with newer photos too. Here is my Ryan at his cousin's wedding - didn't he looks so handsome? He's gonna be a lady killer some day!




And last, but not least, is my silly boy, Jimmy. These pictures of him just crack me up!



Speaking of Scrap for a Cure, there are some pretty exciting things coming soon, so come register on the board and say hello!

3 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, I do love that kit and I so love your creations! How fun to work with those super cool photos.

erin said...

hi debbie,
these are awesome!!!
if you haven't already, please stop by:
http://www.mylittleshoebox.blogspot.com
we're having a fun giveaway!
erin

Shirley said...

Awesome work Debbie and what a great project to tackle that old album! Those vintage photos will be so fun to scrap!