So I'm gonna do the whole resolution thing now...
1. Eat healthier
2. Drink more water
3. Exercise 3x/week
4. Pay down our debt
5. Keep count of how many scrappy projects I make this year.
6. Start submitting my work to mags on regular basis
7. Declutter my basement
8. Organize my scrap space and keep it in workable condition.
So how am I doing three days into the year? Not too bad, considering I had a sleepover with 10 kids running around my house and seem to have a sinus infection.
I've definitely made better food choices. I've increased my water consumption. Sudafed makes me pretty thirsty! No real exercise, unless you count the Wii Fit my son got for Christmas.
Speaking of Wii - you can create a little version of yourself (called a Mii) to play the games on Wii Fit. So I spent time making a pretty good semblance of myself. Then I had to hop on the balance board. Well, my mii suddenly became quite round and full figured. OUCH! Talk about a reality check! Even the video game tells me I'm fat! Guess I better work on resolution #3 some more.
As far as scrappy stuff goes...
Several of my online friends posted their fave 8 projects of 2008. I thought this seemed like a great idea. So here it goes:
1. I have such fond memories of this day - and I had fun playing with cardboard and glimmer mist when I made this:
2. This is one of my fave pics from our Hawaii vacation a few years back. I adored the colors in this American Crafts papers:
3. I made this page for a contest - the challenge to use white space. This is a stretch for me, but I love how it turned out. I also think it was the springboard for me to use less as more on my pages:
6. Another contest page - this one called for lots of layering and dimension:
7. I loved this picture of Jimmy - he spent the day wearing a superman cape and was so happy doing it:
8. Another contest LO - I was inspired by the Hambly rub ons to create this paper pieced tree:
Here's to a happy, healthy, productive 2009!