Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Time has just been zipping along here, hasn't it? I've been meaning to update, but it's been a crazy week. The end of the school year means dance recitals, preschool graduations and a zillion other details to finish up, especially with 5 kids!

Today was a good day. Mike and my brother-in-law went golfing with my dad. My sister, the kids and I joined up with them after for a cookout at my mom's. We hung out on the deck and watched all the kids play. Here's a rare picture of my dad and I:


I hope you all enjoyed time today with the dads in your lives.

Speaking of men in my life...
I did this page of Mike this week for a challenge - to use nontraditional colors for your subject. So for this page, I used the Teresa Collins Bella Girl line, available at Couture Scrapbooking:



I mentioned the dance recital - here is a page I did for this week's song at Scrapping the Music. It's one of my favorite pictures of Brenna that I enhanced using Picnik. Again, all the pretty supplies are available at Couture Scrapbooking.




Challenge #6 is up at Dreamgirls. This time, we're asking you to scrap a first time.
The twists are to add some sort of real or faux stitching and add some ribbon or trims. Here is my page for that. And yes, I realized after I photographed it that I forgot the ribbon. DOH! That's what happens when you scrap at 3am. LOL. So I'll be going back and fixing it.



Our sponsor this week is Magistical Memories! You don't want to miss this one!

So that's about all for now. I was up entirely too late several nights this week and it's catching up with me. I'll be back to share some more soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I really love your work, these layouts are so amazing! But one popped out a little bit more, and thats the b/w one. Remember it well from the gallery at The Nook and I just love how you used all the beautiful little details - gorgeous!

Celeste B. said...

That dance picture is amazing. Love your work with the black/white & pink too.

Unknown said...

Hi Debbie!
Just wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog. Yours is absolutely gorgeous and I just adore your work! BTW, call on my anytime - I call myself the Midnight Scrapper. Seems it's when we both get the most done!
Thanks again!
~Lindsey